Thanksgiving was with the Parker's this year, and dinner was served promptly at 3:00. Previous to the dinner was a week full of trying to figure out how to set things up so that everyone could be in the same room. Linda was determined to have everyone in the same room, and it ended up working out. Shara eventually won the prize by figuring out the best possible way to do it, and it worked really well. All 28 of us, minus a couple out-of-staters that we will see at Christmas. It was good to have everyone together, and enjoy the food. A list of food served:
- 3 Turkeys (One cooked the night before as the "snack" turkey for those arriving early from out of state)
- TONS of mashed potatoes.
- Costco Corn (which very well may be the best corn EVER)
- Candied Yams (This was our assignment this year, and Shara wins another 10 "NickBucks" for how good they were)
- Cheese Cubes
- Fruit Salad
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Skinny Pickles
- Rainbow Jell-o
- Crackers and Cheese
- Parker House Rolls
- Deviled Eggs
- 8 Pies (Including the famous Weinert "Butter Cream Pie")
- And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
Obviously cleaning up after this took a few days, who has motivation to clean up all of this after eating that much?! After dinner we rushed to see August Rush which was really good. It was a really good Turkey Day. More pictures here...