Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Incubus

We saw Incubus at the USANA Amphitheatre in July. I have generally not liked going to USANA, in all the years of going the concert itself it always pretty good, but the process of getting out there, and back out is horrible. It usually dampens my spirits. I affectionately dubbed the acronym "USANA" to mean "United Sucking Around Nothing At-All". We left a little early for this concert to hopefully miss the traffic on one of the two two-lane roads to get out there. It was worth it, not to bad. And the concert was really good. I had heard that Incubus was one of those rare bands that are actually better live than on their albums, which in my opinion is the hallmark of an incredible band. They really lived up to their reputation, and I was super impressed, I just can't believe it's taken me this long to finally see them, with all the concerts I have gone to in the past. I'm glad I did see them, they do not disappoint.

There was a huge storm that came in that night, as you can tell from the clouds in this picture. It down-poured for a good 20 minutes during the opening band. The lightning was super close, it drizzled off and on during Incubus, but it made for cool looking clouds while the sun was setting behind us. It was fun to just sit back and listen to live music, nothing beats live music regardless of what it is.




No comments: