Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 32

Today was a bittersweet day. My 2005 Nissan Altima hit the 100,000 Mile Mark. A milestone (heh, get it?) that's been looming for a couple months. I'm very thankful for my car, and I'm so glad we are fortunate enough to afford it. I couldn't do my job without it. But I also know that the 100k mark significantly decreases the value of a vehicle. I usually try to sell my cars well before the 100k mark, but this time around I didn't. Good thing I kind of like this car, I may be keeping it for quite a while.

We've shared many memories together, this Nissan and I. We bought it back in 2007 from a Vietnamese family from Los Angeles off of KSL.com, and at the time it only had roughly 29,000 miles on it. Which means in a little over 3 years, I've put close to 70,000 miles on this car.
Multiple trips to St. George, Bear Lake, Park City, Midway/Heber, a summer trip to Jackson Hole, etc.

So, here's to another 100,000 miles. Even if I'm not the owner when it reaches 200,000 miles.

No comments: