Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 8

10.17.2010
This picture may not look like much, but it's an image I see every day. Shara and I have very different work schedules. Hers requires her to wake up at insane hours of the morning, which also require her to go to bed at very early hours during the day. It sounds weird to other people, but because of that we sleep in separate rooms. Our marriage is great, don't get me wrong I love that girl, but sleeping in the same bed during the work week just isn't in the cards for us. So I tend to see this door to our Master Bedroom closed during the weeknights, and this is as close as I get to seeing my wife most nights as well. We really are just roommates during these times. So this closed door is more than just a closed door you see. It is a wall...

4 comments:

Shara Parker Park said...

This picture makes me sad for you. Just know that I am on the other side wishing our schedules were different. You are however, the best roommate a girl could ask for.

melanie33 said...

Love this. I love the words behind the pictures. I am loving your daily updates!
ya done good, Nick..

Unknown said...

Sad.... I hope that your schedules become a little more in-sync sometime soon.

Randy May said...

I know how you feel, the first two years of our marriage I worked a night shift and we had to sleep separately too.