Sunday, July 27, 2008

John Mayer

Last Monday I got hooked up with tickets to see John Mayer. (Thanks Aaron & Jacque) This was the 4th time I have seen him and the 3rd time at USANA. Although I generally loathe the thought of any concert there most times (mainly because of distance, and the inconvenience of the travel out to the venue) this concert did not disappoint. Colbie Caillat opened, she did great. She is most likely the female version of Jack Johnson, laid back, chill, just very cool. There was another opening band that I really liked the bassist on, but I can't recall their name. Shara was unable to come because she had to work, so I hung out with Shara's brother and sister in-law, Aaron and Jacque & their friends. It was agreat time.

Obviously you are wowed by John's guitar playing, he is definitely one of the greatest guitarist of my time, and would be on a large list of some of the greatest guitarists of all time. But what I was most impressed with was his vocal capabilities. Check out this video with his cover of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'"

Set list:
  • Belief
  • Vultures
  • Crossroads
  • Daughters '74
  • Neon
  • Free Falling
  • Another You
  • Stitched Up
  • Waiting on the World to Change
  • Ain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do
  • Good Love is On the Way
  • No Such Thing
  • Gravity
  • Say
  • Encore
  • My Sweet Lord
  • Bigger Than My Body

1 comment:

melanie33 said...

ok... so i don't know if you have seen my blog lately but a little while ago, i gave everyone a tag line. Including you. Now, I get that mr mayer is a good guitarist, but i am seriously reconsidering your tag line after this post.